Monday, May 5, 2014

My Story- The Unanswered Prayer

I'm writing from a NEW blog. I'm so excited to get back to sharing my heart. It has been way to long and a post is overdue. So many changes from my last post in 2012. Gracie is finishing Preschool just had her little graduation- I didn't shed a tear:) I'm also getting my certificate to be a Preschool teacher someday- soon. I have always had a love for that age and God opened the door for me and I jumped right in. 

I have been longing to write. I lost my old blogger password-- and it is SO hard to retrieve it. I thought I would start fresh. A new chapter and I'm excited about it.

Onto, my title. The Unanswered prayer. Why is it that we brag on God only when he answers a prayer or gives us a blessing but not when we are in the storm and yearn for an answer. Why is it so difficult to share with others our burdens for fear someone might see that we are REAL. I was thinking the other day how difficult it has been for me the last 2 1/2 years. The nights of crying out to God for an answer. The days when I questioned, and pleaded for him to answer my one little request. The prayer of a Mom who wants so desperately to give her oldest a sibling. The prayer of a mom who has to hear questions from her oldest as to why God has not given her a sister or brother. Those are the questions that sting. I have been debating on sharing my heart on this subject because I had been thinking all along that when God DOES answer my prayer then I will shout to the world what a marvelous thing he has done but today God opened my eyes to see that I should be shouting his praises even during the unanswered- questionable times too.


When we tuck Gracie into bed is when we have our family prayer time. I love this time because its when Gracie will ask questions and it really blesses me. This one particular night I was talking to her and she said "Momma, why does God not answer my prayer about having a little brother or sister?" My heart sank. It was exactly the same question I had been asking God for 2 1/2 years. God immediately gave me the answer and it was what I needed to hear too. I told Gracie "Because its our story, each one of us is like a book that God is writing. He doesn't always answer our prayer right away because hes writing it into our story." I immediately felt peace like I have never had before. God is writing my story and even though at times it hurts. I feel peace because I know he's not done with my story yet. 




I'm not saying that it hasn't been rough. When storms and trials come our way its easy to question where is God. Why is it taking him so long to answer this one little request. Its not that God doesn't want to bless you. He does already. He has given me the most precious little girl and for that I'm so thankful. He has given me a wonderful, Godly husband who loves me unconditionally. He blessed our family with such an amazing church family. I could go on and on. He has blessed me and you. The ending of this poem really hit home. My prayer is that you will see that the storm you may be going through right now is just that a storm. God has a beautiful rainbow waiting. Be patient and in constant prayer. He's not done writing your story...

 The ending of this poem meant so much to me. 

"I could give all you seek and pleased you would be.
You'd have what you want, but you wouldn't know Me.
You'd not know the depth of my love for each saint.
You'd not know the power that I give to the faint.

"You'd not learn to see through clouds of despair;
You'd not learn to trust just by knowing I'm there.
You'd not know the joy of resting in Me
When darkness and silence are all you can see.

"You'd never experience the fullness of love
When the peace of My spirit descends like a dove.
You would know that I give, and I save, for a start,
But you'd not know the depth of the beat of My heart.

"The glow of my comfort late into the night,
The faith that I give when you walk without sight.
The depth that's beyond getting just what you ask
From an infinite God who makes what you have last.

"You'd never know, should your pain quickly flee,
What it means that My grace is sufficient for thee.
Yes, your dearest dreams overnight would come true,
But, oh, the loss, if you missed what I'm doing in you.

"So, be silent, my child, and in time you will see
That the greatest of gifts is to truly know me.
And though oft My answers seem terribly late,
My most precious answer of all is still . . . Wait."

Love,
Kim

16 Always be joyful. 17 Never stop praying. 18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 





3 comments:

  1. Sweet. Thanks for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this was what I needed to hear I have been through so many storms in my life and your post real tried true and honest blessed me this morning! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this was what I needed to hear I have been through so many storms in my life and your post real tried true and honest blessed me this morning! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete